ODFJELL DRILLING TAKES DELIVERY OF DEEPSEA NORDKAPP SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Odfjell Drilling has taken delivery of Deepsea Nordkapp from Samsung Heavy Industries in Korea.
Deepsea Nordkapp is the latest addition to Odfjell Drilling’s fleet of harsh environment drilling units. The semi-submersible is an enhanced Moss Maritime CS-60 design, winterized and purposely built for harsh environment areas. The unit will meet Odfjell Drilling’s requirements for delivering highly efficient operations.
Deepsea Nordkapp will now start on its voyage to the Norwegian Continental Shelf for its 2+2 year contract with AkerBP. Commencement of drilling operations is expected to take place in Q2 2019.
“We are very pleased to take delivery of Deepsea Nordkapp and we look forward to start operations for AkerBP later this year. Deepsea Nordkapp is an important contribution to the Alliance with AkerBP and we are well prepared to ensure safe and efficient operations, says Simen Lieungh, CEO of Odfjell Drilling AS.”
At the end of April, Odfjell Drilling purchased Deepsea Nordkapp, formerly Stena Mixmax, for $ 505 million
The Moss CS-series of semi-submersible catamaran platforms has established itself over the last 20 years as one of the most successful and widely-used platform designs.
Their success is based on their design to meet a large variety of requirements. The structural layout of the lower hull allows alternative configurations of the deck arrangements and installations. They are the high end platforms used for operations in areas which are difficult to reach, and the supplies and equipment needs to be onboard for a long period of time.
(Source: Odfjell Drilling – Stena Mixmax under construction)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018