ODFJELL DRILLING TAKES DELIVERY OF DEEPSEA NORDKAPP SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Odfjell Drilling has taken delivery of Deepsea Nordkapp from Samsung Heavy Industries in Korea.
Deepsea Nordkapp is the latest addition to Odfjell Drilling’s fleet of harsh environment drilling units. The semi-submersible is an enhanced Moss Maritime CS-60 design, winterized and purposely built for harsh environment areas. The unit will meet Odfjell Drilling’s requirements for delivering highly efficient operations.
Deepsea Nordkapp will now start on its voyage to the Norwegian Continental Shelf for its 2+2 year contract with AkerBP. Commencement of drilling operations is expected to take place in Q2 2019.
“We are very pleased to take delivery of Deepsea Nordkapp and we look forward to start operations for AkerBP later this year. Deepsea Nordkapp is an important contribution to the Alliance with AkerBP and we are well prepared to ensure safe and efficient operations, says Simen Lieungh, CEO of Odfjell Drilling AS.”
At the end of April, Odfjell Drilling purchased Deepsea Nordkapp, formerly Stena Mixmax, for $ 505 million
The Moss CS-series of semi-submersible catamaran platforms has established itself over the last 20 years as one of the most successful and widely-used platform designs.
Their success is based on their design to meet a large variety of requirements. The structural layout of the lower hull allows alternative configurations of the deck arrangements and installations. They are the high end platforms used for operations in areas which are difficult to reach, and the supplies and equipment needs to be onboard for a long period of time.
(Source: Odfjell Drilling – Stena Mixmax under construction)
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019
- US GULF OF MEXICO OIL PRODUCTION READY FOR NEW RECORDS 01st June 2019
- ITHACA ENERGY ACQUIRES CHEVRON NORTH SEA FOR $2 BILLION 30th May 2019