ODFJELL SECURES MORE WORK FOR DEEPSEA YANTAI
Odfjell Drilling and CIMC Raffles announced that Neptune Energy Norge has extended the contract for the Deepsea Yantai with an additional 2 wells securing that the rig is fully occupied through 2021.
The extension is made so that the rig can conduct further work in the Dugong area where Neptune Energy successfully drilled a well with the rig during summer 2020. Neptune has, in addition, the option to exercise a further 8 wells under the current contract.
Dugong is located 158 kilometres west of Florø, Norway, at a water depth of 330 metres
Deepsea Yantai, managed by Odfjell Drilling is a GM-40 mid-water submersible built in China by Yantai CIMC Raffles. The drilling rig was delivered in 2019.
(Source: Odfjell Drilling – Image: J. Okland)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024