OMV TRANSFERS WISTING OPERATORSHIP TO EQUINOR
Equinor and OMV have agreed on transferring the operatorship for the Wisting license and development phase in the Barents Sea as of 1 December.
“We are pleased to continue developing the Wisting field and will concentrate on finding the best development solution for the field development,” says Geir Tungesvik, senior vice president for project development in Equinor.
In June, the two companies signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to cooperate on the Wisting development in the Barents Sea. Now the parties have agreed on the final cooperation agreement.
This transfers the operatorship of Wisting in the development phase to Equinor. OMV will assume the role as operator for the operation phase. Equinor will lead the development project with OMV personnel seconded into the project organization.
The transfer of operatorship is approved by Norwegian authorities.
The Wisting discovery (PL 537), made in 2013, is located in the Barents Sea. Volumes are estimated at 440 million barrels of oil.
(Source and image: Equinor)
- NEW OIL FIND FOR PETROBRAS IN THE CAMPOS BASIN PRE-SALT 03rd April 2020
- PETROBRAS REDUCES OIL PRODUCTION BY 200,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd April 2020
- BP RESPONDS TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND MARKET DISRUPTION 01st April 2020
- GAZPROM NEFT EXPANDS PRODUCTION FROM ARCTIC FIELDS 30th March 2020
- CONTRACT TERMINATIONS FOR VALARIS DS-8 AND JU-109 OFFSHORE ANGOLA 27th March 2020