ORANO AND CNNC TO WORK ON NUCLEAR FUEL RECYCLING PLANT IN CHINA
Orano Projets, the Orano group’s engineering subsidiary, and Chinese partner CNLA, a subsidiary of China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), have recently come to an agreement for preparatory work on the Chinese used fuel processing and recycling plant. This agreement was confirmed during the visit in China of French Republic Prime Minister, Mr. Edouard Philippe.
This agreement runs until the end of 2018 and covers the work to be carried out in advance by Orano in preparation for the recycling plant project.
Following the signature in January of a memorandum of commercial agreement in the presence of the President of the People’s Republic of China and the President of the French Republic, the Chairman of Orano Projets Patrick Jacq said this agreement “marks a new step in the discussions to launch by the end of 2018 the project to build a recycling plant in China with a capacity of 800 tons. Some 100 people are mobilized within Orano to perform this preparatory work.”
Orano is a French multinational group specializing in nuclear power and renewable energy headquartered in Paris La Défense. The company is a major player in nuclear fuel cycle products and services, from mining to dismantling, conversion, enrichment, recycling, logistics and engineering. With 16,000 employees worldwide, the Group is committed to giving nuclear energy its full value. (Source and image: Orano)
- WOOD WINS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR UPPER ZAKUM OILFIELD 14th November 2018
- MAGSEIS TO ACQUIRE FAIRFIELD GEOTECHNOLOGIES SEISMIC BUSINESS 02nd November 2018
- SKRUIS: IMPORTANT OIL DISCOVERY IN THE BARENTS SEA 30th October 2018
- TARA PACIFIC 2016-2018 EXPEDITION SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 27th October 2018
- US INTERIOR GREEN LIGHTS LIBERTY PROJECT OFFSHORE ALASKA 26th October 2018