ORYX DIVESTS HAUTE MER B LICENSE OFFSHORE CONGO
Oryx Petroleum Corporation announced that a wholly-owned subsidiary has entered into a Farmout Agreement with a subsidiary of Total S.A., providing for the transfer of the Corporation’s 30% participating interest in the Haute Mer B exploration license offshore Congo Brazzaville to the buyer or an affiliate.
Subject to closing, Oryx Petroleum’s interests in Haute Mer B will be transferred for cash consideration of $8 million, payable at closing. The transfer will be deemed to be made with effect from January 1, 2018. As a result, the Buyer has agreed to reimburse the Corporation for costs incurred by it in relation to Haute Mer B between January 1, 2018 and the date of the Farmout Agreement and to carry the Corporation’s share of costs from the date of the Farmout Agreement to the closing of the transaction. This is expected to result in a further payment to the Corporation, at closing, of approximately $5.3 million. The Corporation remains responsible for any losses attributable to and arising from Haute Mer B operations prior to January 1, 2018.
The Farmout Agreement is subject to, among other customary conditions, waiver of pre-emptive rights held by other partners in Haute Mer B, and the consent of such partners and the government of the Republic of Congo to the transfer of the Oryx Petroleum interests.
The Corporation expects the transaction to close before the end of June 2018.
Haute Mer A deep water exploration license area operated by CNOOC contains 6 MMbbl of best estimate gross contingent oil resources. (Source: Oryx Petroleum)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023