OVINTIV TERMINATES DUVERNAY SHALE JV WITH PETROCHINA
Ovintiv Inc. announced that its subsidiary, Ovintiv Canada ULC, has closed an agreement with PetroChina Canada Ltd. (PCC) to terminate the parties’ joint venture and transfer the ownership and operation of certain Duvernay shale assets in west-central Alberta. Ovintiv and PCC have agreed to partition the Duvernay acreage and associated infrastructure as each company will independently own and operate their interests going forward. There were no penalties or fees associated with this transaction.Ovintiv and PCC have been in a productive joint venture in the Duvernay since 2012. Prior to today’s agreement, the parties each held an approximate 50% interest across the entire asset with Ovintiv serving as operator. Following the close of this transaction, Ovintiv’s net production, proved reserves and acreage in the Duvernay will be unchanged. Ovintiv will have a consolidated interest in approximately 250,000 net acres and its second quarter 2020 average net daily production from the Duvernay was approximately 13,000 BOE/d (43% liquids).
Ovintiv (Formerly Encana) is one of the largest independent producers of crude oil and condensate in North America. The Company, based in Denver, CO, is committed to preserving its financial strength, maximizing profitability through disciplined capital investments and operational efficiencies and returning capital to shareholders. A talented team, in combination with a culture of innovation and efficiency, fuels our economic performance, increases shareholder value and strengthens our commitment to sustainability in the communities where we live and work.
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023