PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11
Pacific Drilling announced that the Company and each of its debtor affiliates have emerged from the Chapter 11 process, signaling the successful completion of the Company’s balance-sheet restructuring and the implementation of the Modified First Amended Joint Plan of Reorganization of Pacific Drilling S.A. and its Debtor Affiliates Pursuant to Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code confirmed by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas on December 21, 2020 .
Pursuant to the Plan, all of the Company’s outstanding common shares were deemed to have no value and will receive no recovery. In accordance with the restructuring transactions contemplated by the Plan, upon emergence, the Company has a new parent company, Pacific Drilling Company LLC , a Cayman Islands limited liability company, the equity of which is owned by former creditors of the Company and its debtor affiliates.
“We are pleased to reach completion of this process. Having now emerged from Chapter 11 with a fully de-levered balance sheet, we are well positioned to continue to deliver world class drilling services with our fleet of 6th and 7th generation drillships,” said Bernie G. Wolford , Chief Executive Officer of the reorganized Company.
After emergence, the reorganized Company now operates with a substantially de-levered capital structure, due to the elimination of more than $1 billion of funded debt obligations pursuant to the Plan. The reorganized Company has approximately $100 million in cash on hand, and access to an undrawn $80 million senior secured delayed draw term loan exit facility, to support its ongoing operations.
With best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is committed to exceeding customers’ expectations by delivering the safest, most efficient and reliable deepwater drilling services in the industry. Pacific Drilling’s fleet of seven drillships represents one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world.
(Source: Pacific Drilling – Image: Pacific Meltem Drillship)
- FOUR MISSING AFTER THE INSTALLATION JACKUP SHENG PING 001 CAPSIZES IN SOUTHEAST CHINA 27th July 2021
- SANTOS ACHIEVES RECORD PRODUCTION RATE FROM FIRST VAN GOGH PHASE TWO INFILL WELL 27th July 2021
- HALLIBURTON – OPERATING INCOME UP 17% SEQUENTIALLY WITH SOLID MARGIN PERFORMANCE 26th July 2021
- SCHLUMBERGER BEATS FORECAST WITH SOARING INCOME AND REVENUE 26th July 2021
- SANTOS CONFIRMS THE POSSIBLE MERGER OF OIL SEARCH AND SANTOS 21st July 2021
- SINGAPORE – KEPPEL AND SEMBCORP MARINE INITIATE TALKS ON POTENTIAL COMBINATION 25th June 2021
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS LIFTING RECORD ON JOHAN SVERDRUP FIELD 23rd June 2021