PACIFIC KHAMSIN TO DRILL ONE WELL FOR TOTAL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
The last fleet status report released by the deepwater drilling contractor Pacific Drilling revealed that the Pacific Khasmin has been awarded a contract by Total to drill one well in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract will run from March 2020 to July 2020. The day rate will be $252,000 including $52,000 for managed pressure drilling services (PMD)
Pacific Khamsinin, a Samsung 12,000 untra-deepwatewr drillship was built in 2013 at Samsung Geoje shipyard in South Korea.
Equinor hired the Pacific Khamsin to drill one well in the NW Walker Ridge area in the US Gulf of Mexico in Q4 2019 at a dayrate of $229,000.
Total also secured the Pacific Santa Ana to drill one well offshore Senergal/Mauritania with two one-well options.
Pacific Drilling operated a fleet of seven ultra-deepwater drillships. Four units are currently idle. Three units, Pacific Mistral, Pacific Scirocco and Pacific Meltem, are stacked in Las Palmas and the Pacific Bora in Ghana.
(Source: Pacific Drilling – Image: Pacific Khamsin in Las Palmas/TRIAC)
- TIMOR RESOURCES TO EXPLORE ONE OF THE LAST FRONTIERS FOR OIL AND GAS 20th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019