PACIFIC SHARAV SECURES TEN-WELL CONTRACT WITH MURPHY OIL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Pacific Drilling secured a contract for ten firm wells with an estimated duration of approximately 450 days for the ultra-deepwater drillship Pacific Sharav. The contract provides for five option wells at a market based rate. Previous contract with Murphy Mexico for two firm wells was cancelled for a termination fee.
The contract commencing in Q2 2021 is expected to run until Q3 2022. The dayrate is $180,000
The Samsung 12000 drillship was delivered in 2014 and is currently idle near Port Fourchon off the coast of Louisiana.
According to the company’s fleet status the drliiships Pacific Bora is idle in Oman. The Pacific Mistral and Pacific Scirocco are waiting on better days in Las Palmas. Pacific Meltem is currently mobilizing in Las palmas.
(Source: Pacific Drilling – Image: Pacific Sharav in Singapore/Peter Sinke)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023