FRAMATOME COMMISSIONS UPGRADE OF FORSMARL NUCLEAR PLANT
Framatome has successfully completed commissioning for a project to modernize the safety Instrumentation & Control system in unit 3 of the Forsmark nuclear power plant operated by the Swedish utility Forsmarks Kraftgrupp AB, a subsidiary of Vattenfall.
Under this contract, Framatome has supplied a new neutron flux measuring system, provided the qualification testing and installed the components. The contract also included engineering and related services to perform the regular functional system tests as well as the necessary upgrade of the simulator.
The new I&C assemblies for the neutron flux wide range monitoring system have been designed and manufactured as modules and installed into the existing cabinets on site. The modular design with flexible mechanical integration solution makes the system very versatile applicable in all boiling water reactor plants worldwide. The wide range system monitors the neutron flux in the reactor core during downtime as well as plant start-up and shut-down operations, contributing to plant safety during these operating stages.
“The successful project in Sweden proves our competence to provide I&C upgrades worldwide to different reactor types. In Forsmark we used our specific know-how in boiling water reactors which includes not only the delivery of the components but also service to support installation, simulator integration, training and commissioning”, said Frédéric Lelièvre, Senior Executive Vice President in charge of Sales, Regional Platforms and the Instrumentation and Control Business Unit at Framatome.
Forsmark 3 is a boiling water reactor with an installed net capacity of 1,170 megawatts. The reactor started commercial operations in 1985 and is located in the East coast of Sweden, approximately 100 kilometers north of Stockholm. (Source: Framatome)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018