PAVILION ENERGY IMPORTS FIRST CARBON NEUTRAL LNG CARGO INTO SINGAPORE
Pavilion Energy Singapore has imported a carbon neutral LNG cargo into Singapore – the first for Singapore and Pavilion Energy.
Carbon emissions associated with the LNG cargo from well-to-tank1 including the extraction, production, transportation, and regasification will be offset by retiring a corresponding amount of high-quality carbon credits sourced from its portfolio of carbon offset projects.
The carbon credits used for the offset are from Natural Climate Solutions projects certified under the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and Climate, Community and Biodiversity Standard (CCB) – Evio Kuinaji Ese’Eja Cuana in Peru and Liangdu Afforestation in China. Both projects are designed for the protection and restoration of forests, and promote co-benefits through supporting local communities and protecting biodiversity.
Mr Frédéric H. Barnaud, Group CEO of Pavilion Energy, said, “This carbon neutral cargo is another important milestone for Pavilion Energy in our ambition to provide cleaner energy and develop our carbon trading activities. Our aim is to support our customers in their transition towards a lower carbon future with solutions to meet their climate targets and potential regulatory requirements.”
Pavilion Energy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek. Headquartered in Singapore, its fully integrated energy business encompasses a downstream, marine and regional business; global LNG trading, shipping and optimisation; upstream investments as well as energy hedging and financial solutions.
(Source: Pavilion Energy)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023