PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS
Enrique Pena Nieto, President of Mexico, announced the discovery of an important reservoir with excellent quality light-crude oil and gas. This finding is the most important onshore discovery made by Petroleos Mexicanos in the last 15 years.
Through the drilling of Ixachi-1 well, 72 kilometers south of the port of Veracruz, and close to Cosamaloapan, Pemex discovered this field with an original volume of over 1,500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe), which could represent total reserves of approximately 350 million boe. This volume is similar to the findings reported by private companies a few months ago at the Zama-1 well.
The reservoir possesses great economic value due to its closeness to existing infrastructure from production wells to the National Pipeline System, and can therefore begin production in a shorter period of time. Based on preliminary studies it is considered that this reservoir could be extended further, and even double its initial estimated size. In the short and medium term, this discovery will help satisfy the domestic demand of wet gas and light crude oil. (Source: Pemex)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017