PETREL ENERGY PREPARES FOR DRILLING CAMPAIGN IN URUGUAY
Petrel Energy announced that the final fitout and inspections of the new rig in Colorado and trucking of the rig and considerable ancillary equipment to Houston Harbour has been completed. The rig which arrived on schedule at the port of Houston late last week is currently being loaded in Houston Harbour for imminent departure. The rig and ancillary equipment is scheduled to arrive in Montevideo in approximately 30 days. Additional updates will be provided upon arrival through to site preparations and spudding of the first well. Petrel’s overarching vision for Uruguay is to drill four wells as cheaply as possible and cover as much of the concession area as possible while targeting multiple and different conventional exploration objectives within and across each well.
In October 2012 Petrel acquired an interest in a large conventional and unconventional petroleum project in Uruguay. The project comprises two concessions, Piedra Sola and Salto, covering 14,000 sq km (3.5 million acres) which are held under separate production sharing contracts. (Source: Petrel Energy)
- BARENTS SEA RESOURCES TWICE AS ASSUMED 26th April 2017
- LAYANG-LAYANG: SHELL BRUNEI FIRST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 37 YEARS 19th April 2017
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN GABON 25th March 2017
- TRANSOCEAN TO SELL ENTIRE JACKUP FLEET TO BORR DRILLING 20th March 2017
- HORSESHOE, ALASKA NORTH SLOPE: LARGEST US ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 30 YEARS 10th March 2017