PETROBRAS REPORTS OIL FIND AT SUDOESTE DE TARTARUGA VERDE IN THE CAMPOS BASIN
Petrobras informs that it has identified the presence of oil in a exploratory well of the Sudoeste de Tartaruga Verde block, located in the Campos Basin.
The well, informally called Natator, is located 130 km from the city of Macaé (RJ), in water depths of 1,080 meters, with the discovery of oil in carbonate reservoirs in the post-salt section. The well data will be analyzed to better target exploratory activities in the area and assess the potential of the discovery.
The Sudoeste de Tartaruga Verde block, acquired in the 5th Production Sharing Round, in September 2018, is inserted in the so-called Pre-salt Polygon, under a production sharing regime. Petrobras is the operator of the block with 100% interest, with Pre-sal Petróleo S.A. (PPSA) as manager.
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020