PETROBRAS REPORTS OIL FIND AT SUDOESTE DE TARTARUGA VERDE IN THE CAMPOS BASIN
Petrobras informs that it has identified the presence of oil in a exploratory well of the Sudoeste de Tartaruga Verde block, located in the Campos Basin.
The well, informally called Natator, is located 130 km from the city of Macaé (RJ), in water depths of 1,080 meters, with the discovery of oil in carbonate reservoirs in the post-salt section. The well data will be analyzed to better target exploratory activities in the area and assess the potential of the discovery.
The Sudoeste de Tartaruga Verde block, acquired in the 5th Production Sharing Round, in September 2018, is inserted in the so-called Pre-salt Polygon, under a production sharing regime. Petrobras is the operator of the block with 100% interest, with Pre-sal Petróleo S.A. (PPSA) as manager.
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020
- ROSNEFT REPORTS UNIQUE GAS FIELD DISCOVERY IN THE KARA SEA 14th December 2020