PETROBRAS SELECTS SHEARWATER TO RESHAPE SEISMIC EXPLORATION IN BRAZIL
Petrobras and Shearwater have entered into a collaborative technology agreement aimed at reshaping seismic exploration and field developments in Brazil.
The multi-year strategic partnership is set to evolve the seismic industry to new levels of performance.
Central to this endeavour is Shearwater’s marine vibrator, with the engineering name of project BASS. This innovative seismic source technology promises significant gains in operational efficiency, seismic data quality, and reduced sound emissions when compared to traditional methods. This enduring commitment will encompass the industrialisation of Shearwater’s marine vibratory source technology and associated services for the Brazilian offshore basins.
Headquartered in Bergen, Norway, Shearwater is largely owned by RASMUSSENGRUPPEN AS, Schlumberger, and GC Rieber AS.
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024