START UP OF P-75 FPSO IN BUZIOS FIELD OF SANTOS BASIN
Rio de Janeiro, November 12, 2018 – Petróleo Brasileiro SA – Petrobras informs that it has started the production of oil and natural gas in the Buzios 2 area, in the pre-salt of Santos Basin, by means of platform P-75, second unit installed in the Búzios field.
The FPSO (floating production, storage, and offloading unit of oil and gas) is located approximately 210 km off the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, at a water depth of 2,000 meters.
With a daily capacity to process up to 150,000 barrels of oil and compress up to 6 million cubic meters of natural gas, P-75 will produce through ten producing wells, also using seven injection wells. Relief vessels will be used to offload the oil production, while gas will be drained by pre-salt pipeline routes.
P-75 is the fourth platform to start production in 2018, after the FPSO Cidade Campos dos Goytacazes in the Tartaruga Verde field, the P-69 in the Lula field and the P-74 in the Búzios field. These platforms, together with P-67, which is already located in the Lula field, and P-76, which should go to the Búzios field in December, will conclude the six systems planned for this year in Brazil, contributing to the increase of Petrobras’ production in the horizon of the 2018-2022 Business and Management Plan.
Búzios, discovered in 2010, is the main field under the Transfer of Rights Agreement and began its production this year in April through platform P-74.
The Transfer of Rights regime gives Petrobras the exclusive right to explore and produce up to five billion barrels of oil equivalent in the Santos Basin.
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023