PETROBRAS STARTS PRODUCTION FROM ATAPU IN THE SANTOS BASIN PRE-SALT
Petrobras started producing oil and natural gas from the Atapu shared deposit, using the P-70 platform, in the eastern portion of the Santos Basin pre-salt, close to the Búzios field. Atapu will contribute to the growth of production in the pre-salt, which is becoming increasingly relevant for Petrobras.
The P-70, its own platform, fifth FPSO (floating unit for production, storage and transfer of oil and gas) in the replicant series, has the capacity to process up to 150 thousand barrels of oil daily and treat up to 6 million m³ of natural gas. The unit will operate approximately 200 km off the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, at a water depth of 2,300 m, with an estimated interconnection of up to eight producing wells and eight injector wells.
The FPSO Petrobras sailed out of COOEC’s yard in Qingdao, China in December 2019.
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020