PETROBRAS STARTS PRODUCTION FROM ATAPU IN THE SANTOS BASIN PRE-SALT
Petrobras started producing oil and natural gas from the Atapu shared deposit, using the P-70 platform, in the eastern portion of the Santos Basin pre-salt, close to the Búzios field. Atapu will contribute to the growth of production in the pre-salt, which is becoming increasingly relevant for Petrobras.
The P-70, its own platform, fifth FPSO (floating unit for production, storage and transfer of oil and gas) in the replicant series, has the capacity to process up to 150 thousand barrels of oil daily and treat up to 6 million m³ of natural gas. The unit will operate approximately 200 km off the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, at a water depth of 2,300 m, with an estimated interconnection of up to eight producing wells and eight injector wells.
The FPSO Petrobras sailed out of COOEC’s yard in Qingdao, China in December 2019.
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020