PETROBRAS STARTS UP PRODUCTION OF P-77 IN BUZIOS FIELD
Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras reports that it has started the production of oil and natural gas of P-77, the fourth platform to be put into production in the Buzios field.
Buzios field, in the pre-salt of the Santos Basin, was discovered in 2010 and is the main field under the Transfer of Rights Agreement. The field started production in April 2018 and currently has 4 platforms in production.
In line with Petrobras’ Strategic Plan, P-77 is the third platform to be put into production in 2019, out of four platforms planned for production this year.
With a daily capacity to process up to 150,000 barrels of oil and compress up to 6 million cubic meters of natural gas, P-77 will contribute to the growth of Petrobras’ production in 2019.
The FPSO (floating unit for production, storage and offloading of oil and gas) is located approximately 200 km off the Rio de Janeiro’s state coast, at a water depth of 1,980 meters. The project provides for its interconnection to nine production wells and eight injection wells. Drainage of oil production shall be made through lifting vessels, while the production of gas shall be drained by the routes of the pre-salt gas pipelines. (Source: Petrobras)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023