PETROFAC AWARDED TWO-YEAR CONTRACT WITH NEO ENERGY IN UK NORTH SEA
Petrofac’s Engineering and Production Services (EPS) business announced the award of a two-year contract with NEO Energy.
Under the terms of the agreement, Petrofac will provide Well Management and Well Operator support for 25 production wells across the Affleck, Balloch, Dumbarton, Flyndre and Lochranza fields. The contract also positions Petrofac to support future well construction and intervention campaigns.
Today’s announcement builds on Petrofac’s previously awarded Integrated Services Contract for NEO Energy, through which it provides ongoing operational, maintenance, engineering and construction support in support of the Operator’s UK activities.
As Well Operator, Petrofac will be responsible for direct procurement and management of all sub-contracted services. Petrofac will also deploy its industry-leading project management software, Turus, to ensure efficient and assured project delivery.
Commenting, Nick Shorten, Managing Director for Petrofac Engineering and Production Services in the Western Hemisphere, said: “Through the deployment of our extensive asset and well management expertise, we will work closely with NEO Energy to assure the integrity of its wells and deliver safe and cost efficient construction in support of any future field development.
“This award builds on our existing track record for delivering Well Operator services for clients in the UKCS, bringing the size of our well portfolio in the basin to 50.”
Petrofac pioneered the outsourced Well Operator model in 2015. Under regulations set by the Offshore Safety Directive Regulator, it takes responsibility for the monitoring and management of wells on behalf of its clients. Petrofac is currently Well Operator for seven North Sea clients.
NEO Energy has acquired a portfolio of assets in four producing areas of the UK North Sea from Total.
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020