PETROFAC HIRES AWILCO WILPHOENIX FOR P&A PROGRAM ON RUBIE AND RENEE FIELDS
Awilco Drilling PLC confirmed that a contract has been signed with Petrofac Facilities Management Limited (Petrofac) for the provision of the mid-water semi-submersible WilPhoenix for a three well Plug & Abandonment program on Rubie and Renee. The program has an estimated duration of 100 days and will commence in early May 2020.
WilPhoenix is one of Awilco Drilling’s two Enhanced Pacesetter semi-submersibles and is equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. The semi-submersible was built in 1982 at the Arendal Shipyard in Sweden. Awilco Drilling also has two new build rigs on order of Moss CS60 ECO MW design equipped for drilling in harsh environments, and independent options for additional two rigs of the same design.
In August 2019, energy firm Hess awarded Petrofac a decommissioning contract for four wells at Rubie and Renee fields located in the central North Sea, 200km north east of Aberdeen. Water depth ranges from 113 to 150 m. The four wells were earlier shut-in as part of an earlier decommissioning phase. Production from the Rubie and Renee Fields was achieved through the Hess-operated Floating Production Facility (FPF) AH001, which was located 21 km to the northwest of the Renee field.
Petrofac will act as well operator and deliver well engineering project management, including detailed planning, procurement and management of sub-contracts.
(Source: Awilco/Petrofac – Image: WilPhoenix on tow off the coast of Scotland)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023