PETROFAC HIRES AWILCO WILPHOENIX FOR P&A PROGRAM ON RUBIE AND RENEE FIELDS
Awilco Drilling PLC confirmed that a contract has been signed with Petrofac Facilities Management Limited (Petrofac) for the provision of the mid-water semi-submersible WilPhoenix for a three well Plug & Abandonment program on Rubie and Renee. The program has an estimated duration of 100 days and will commence in early May 2020.
WilPhoenix is one of Awilco Drilling’s two Enhanced Pacesetter semi-submersibles and is equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. The semi-submersible was built in 1982 at the Arendal Shipyard in Sweden. Awilco Drilling also has two new build rigs on order of Moss CS60 ECO MW design equipped for drilling in harsh environments, and independent options for additional two rigs of the same design.
In August 2019, energy firm Hess awarded Petrofac a decommissioning contract for four wells at Rubie and Renee fields located in the central North Sea, 200km north east of Aberdeen. Water depth ranges from 113 to 150 m. The four wells were earlier shut-in as part of an earlier decommissioning phase. Production from the Rubie and Renee Fields was achieved through the Hess-operated Floating Production Facility (FPF) AH001, which was located 21 km to the northwest of the Renee field.
Petrofac will act as well operator and deliver well engineering project management, including detailed planning, procurement and management of sub-contracts.
(Source: Awilco/Petrofac – Image: WilPhoenix on tow off the coast of Scotland)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020