PETRONAS RELOCATES PFLNG SATU TO KEBABANGAN FIELD OFFSHORE SABAH
Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) advised it has relocated its floating liquefied natural gas vessel, PFLNG Satu, from the Kumang cluster field, offshore Sarawak to the Kebabangan cluster field, offshore Sabah.
Petronas said PFLNG Satu will be moored at a water depth of 120m in the Kebabangan cluster field, located 90km northwest of Kota Kinabalu.
Petronas executive vice president and chief executive officer of upstream Datuk Mohd Anuar Taib said PFLNG Satu’s technology, which features the capability to move from one location to another, will strengthen the reliability of its LNG supply system to meet growing LNG demand.
“Petronas has delivered 19 successful cargoes since the commissioning of PFLNG Satu and we are confident that this success continues in Sabah waters as well,” he added.
Designed to last up to 20 years without dry-docking, the 365-metre long PFLNG Satu is expected to be able to produce 1.2 million tonnes of LNG per year.
PFLNG SATU was constructed at Daewoo’s shipyard in Okpo, South Korea.
(Source: Petronas – Image: PFLNG Satu/FPSO Ventures)
- ENI REPORTS NEW GAS DISCOVERY IN NOUR NORTH SINAI OFFSHORE EGYPT 14th March 2019
- ENI REPORTS MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY IN THE AGOGO PROSPECT IN ANGOLA’S DEEPWATER 13th March 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO INCREASE PERMIAN BASIN OUTPUT TO 1 MILLION BARRELS PER DAY 07th March 2019
- GLAUCUS-1 – ANOTHER GIANT HIT FOR EXXONMOBIL OFFSHORE CYPRUS 01st March 2019
- IN 2018 EXXONMOBIL ADDED 4.5 BILLION BARRELS TO RESERVES 28th February 2019