PETROVIETNAM SELECTS McDERMOTT FOR SAO VANG AND DAI GUYET FIELDS
McDermott International, Inc. announced it has been awarded a sizeable (between $1Million and $50 million) transportation and installation subcontract by PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PTSC) Offshore Service Joint Stock Company for the Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. Sao Vang and Dai Nguyet gas and condensate field developments in the Nam Con Son Basin, located offshore Vietnam.
The scope-of-work is expected to cover transportation and installation services for the central processing platform jacket, topside float-over, wellhead platform, flexible pipelines, subsea power cables and auxiliary services. Installation will be carried out at water depths of between 110 meters (360 feet) and 130 meters (430 feet).
McDermott plans to use resources from Kuala Lumpur, Dubai and Houston for project management and engineering. The work will be performed from 2019 to 2021.
“McDermott has a strong track record in executing offshore projects in Vietnam and in delivering solutions for PTSC,” said McDermott Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific, Ian Prescott. “In the last two decades, we have provided engineering, procurement, construction and installation work for large, central processing platforms to pipeline installations in the region. This award enhances our position as a leading integrated oil and gas service provider in the region and reinforces that our experience and local knowledge will ensure project certainty with quality results.” (Source: McDermott)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024