PGS RETURNS TO BRAZIL FOR CAMPOS DEEPWATER GEOSTREAMER X ACQUISITION
PGS Ramform Titan survey vessel is about to continue acquisition of the Campos Deepwater GeoStreamer X, a prefunded MultiClient 3D seismic survey with multi-azimuth coverage. In December 2020, PGS will resume operations, to acquire an additional 8 400 sq km. This survey provides the first 3D seismic for 17th Round blocks.
Ramform Titan will again be configured with 14 multisensor streamers, each 10.05 km long, the largest spread ever towed offshore Brazil. This configuration minimizes the number of source points per square kilometer and reduces the number of acquisition days. Both these measures reduce environmental impact.
This survey will provide the first 3D seismic data over blocks offered in the upcoming 17th Bidding Round, now scheduled for October 2021.
The Campos Deepwater GeoStreamer X project combines new and legacy 3D data, providing a step-change in image quality by delivering high-quality, long-offset, multi-azimuth seismic data over the deepwater portion of northern Campos Basin.
• Open acreage offered in the 17th Bidding Round
• Presalt open acreage adjacent to Albacora and Marlim Leste fields
• Areas acquired and under contract in the 14th Bidding Round, with drilling operations underway to test large presalt structures
The program utilizes the latest PGS acquisition and imaging innovations along with legacy library data. When completed, the survey will cover approximately 14 900 sq. km.
The tailored acquisition configuration for this GeoStreamer X project will provide 10 km long offsets to improve depth velocity modeling accuracy of the post-salt, salt, and presalt sections, facilitated by the use of PGS Full Waveform Inversion (FWI) technologies.
FWI modeling results indicate these long offsets will aid in derived velocity accuracy in the presalt section. These additional offset data also promise added angle range and improved signal/noise for seismic amplitude analysis and reservoir characterization. Multi-azimuth processing and velocity model building will improve illumination and image quality of the subsurface structures found within the presalt play in this portion of the Campos Basin.
Phase 1 full integrity imaging will be available Q1 2021, providing final multi-azimuth products over open Pre-salt acreage, including TTI Kirchhoff and RTM (45 Hz) PSDM products.
(Source and image: PGS – Ramford Titan survey vessel)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024