PGS TO PERFORM 3D SURVEY IN THE ANDAMAN BASIN
PGS advised that it will map North Sumatra in 3D multiClient survey. This project is the fourth in a series of new surveys supporting exploration offshore Indonesia and commenced in December 2018.
The latest PGS triple-source Multiclient 3D survey, in the Andaman Basin offshore Indonesia, will enable a better understanding of current Miocene Carbonates and Miocene/Pliocene clastics plays and is expected to provide more clarity on the untested deeper syn-rift play.
The acquisition phase will be carried out using the PGS Apollo, a modern high-capacity vessel equipped with multisensor GeoStreamer technology. GeoStreamer delivers unmatched broadband seismic data with greater signal-to-noise ratio, improved resolution of seismic events and imaging of structure, and better depth penetration.
GeoStreamer achieves true broadband seismic. The combination of hydrophone and velocity sensor recordings allows precise receiver deghosting via a method of wavefield separation that separates the total recorded wavefield into its up-going and down-going components.
Wavefield separation delivers deghosted field data right at the acquisition stage. The prestack amplitude and phase are preserved, ensuring accurate and robust prestack analysis of AVO, inversion, and quantitative interpretation. This analysis will be an essential component of prospect delineation and development in North Sumatra.
PGS delivers high-quality MC3D seismic data using the latest technologies at a competitive market cost. A triple-source configuration will be deployed for improved efficiency in the acquisition; shot overlap will be mitigated using a proactive approach of randomized shot firing times, followed by deblending with iterative inversion.
Data will be available for viewing in 2019. (Source and image: PGS)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018