PIPE-LAYING OF TurkStream IN DEEP WATER COMMENCED
Gazprom started laying the TurkStream gas pipeline in the deep-water area off the coast of Anapa. The operations were launched with the command given by Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the Pioneering Spirit pipe-laying vessel.
“Pioneering Spirit, the world’s largest construction vessel, will have an important task to solve, namely to build the deep-water section of the TurkStream gas pipeline. This is a new direct and reliable route for Russian gas supplies to Turkey and further to southern and southeastern Europe.
For Turkey natural gas is the key energy source accounting for 38 per cent in the country’s electricity generation and used for heating and cooking in upward of 12 million households. TurkStream will substantially increase energy security in the region.
Natural gas is of equal importance to southern and southeastern Europe. The declining indigenous gas production and the necessity to reduce coal’s share in electricity generation across the Balkan countries create the potential for sustainable growth in natural gas demand in that part of Europe,” said Alexey Miller chairman of Gazprom.
TurkStream is the project for a transit-free export gas pipeline stretching across the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey and further to Turkey’s border with neighboring countries. The first string of the gas pipeline is intended for Turkish consumers, while the second string will deliver gas to southern and southeastern Europe. Each string will have the throughput capacity of 15.75 billion cubic meters of gas per year. (Source and Image: Gazprom/Pioneering Siprit in the Black Sea)
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019