POWER OF SIBERIA TO DELIVER FIRST GAS TO CHINA IN 2019
Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee, and Wang Yilin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of CNPC, signed in Moscow a Supplementary Agreement to the Sales and Purchase Agreement for Russian gas to be supplied via the eastern route, which had been inked by the parties on May 21, 2014. According to the Supplementary Agreement, gas supplies to China via the Power of Siberia gas pipeline will commence in December 2019.
The Power of Siberia gas transportation system will be able to directly bring Russian gas through the Eastern route to China. According to the contract, Chinese clients will receive 38 billion cubic meters of gas per year. The bulk of pipes used in the construction will be domestically manufactured. Some 11,700 experts will be engaged within Phase 1 of the Power of Siberia project and some 3,000 employees will ensure the pipeline’s operation.
By the end of 2018, the 2200-kilometres-long section linking Chayanda field in Yakutia with Blagoveshchensk on Russo-Chinese boarder will be completed. Further it is planned to build a section linking Chayanda with the Kovykta field in Irkutsk Region (some 800 km pipeline), and a section from Svobodny in Amur Region to Khabarovsk (1000 km). This will link the Power of Siberia to Sakhalin-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok gas transmission system. Over 800 kilometers of the Power of Siberia gas trunkline have been built by July 2017.
The Chayandinskoye oil, gas and condensate field is the cornerstone for the Yakutia gas production center. It is a unique field in terms of reserves (C1+C2): some 1.45 trillion cubic meters of gas and some 93 million tons of recoverable liquid hydrocarbons. (Source and image: Gazprom)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020