QATAR PETROLEUM BECOMES QATAR ENERGY TO REFLECT BROADER STRATEGY
Qatar Petroleum advised that the company has changed its name to Qatar Energy.
In a press conference, the Minister of State for Energy revealed the brand name and the logo. He further added that this change reflects a new strategy that will focus on energy efficiency and environment-friendly technology such as CO2 sequestration. “It’s more of a reflection of what we’re actually doing that wasn’t reflected by the name that we had,” CEO Saad Al-Kaabi
The employees were the first to hear of this change that also included a new slogan Your Energy Transition Partner.
This adds to the list of oil companies that have decided to give a new image of their future goals and activities. One of the latest was the French giant Total, which became TotalEnergies in February 2021. In May 2018 another giant, the Norwegian Statoil changed its name to Equinor.
In October 2017 Denmark’s Dong Energy changed its name to Orsted as the company decided to embrace renewable energy.
The name changes that reflect broader strategies is also highly political.
(Aljazeera/Qatar Petroleum – Image: The Peninsular)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021