REPSOL SECURES STENA IceMAX TO DRILL IN MEXICO’S SALINA BASIN
Stena Drilling advised that following a competitive tender exercise, it has signed a new contract, with REPSOL Exploracion Mexico S.A De C.V., and its partners PETRONAS, SIERRA NEVADA E&P, Wintershall Dea and PTTEP MÉXICO.
The Stena IceMAX is contracted to drill in Block 29 in Mexico’s Salina Basin. The drilling campaign is expected to commence in May/June 2021.
Stena Drilling said: “Stena Drilling is delighted to be working with Repsol and its partners, and look forward to completing a safe and efficient drilling campaign together.”
Stena IceMAX was buit by Samsung in South Korea and delivered in 2012. The drillship is currently in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Based in Aberdeen, Scotland, Stena Driling is one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stena AB. Stena Drilling manages a global business, consisting of four ultra-deepwater drillships (Stena Carron, Stena DrillMAX, Stena Forth and Stena IceMax) and two semi-submersible rigs (Stena Don and Stena Spey)
(Source and image: Stena Drilling)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023