ROSATOM COMMISSIONS FIRST PHASE OF ADYGEA WINDFARM IN RUSSIA
Rosatom has completed the first phase of wind turbines’ commissioning at its wind farm at Adygea. This marks an important milestone in further development of low-carbon programs at ROSATOM.
Adygea Wind Farm with total capacity of 150 MW, which construction has been recently completed at Shovgenovsky and Giaginsky districts of the Republic of Adygea, proved its readiness to produce electricity.
At this stage, the operational performance of the first 13 wind turbines (WT) with installed capacity of 32.5 MW was duly checked, thus proving the operational worthiness of the technology chosen by Rosatom and readiness of all the wind turbines’ systems for entry into service.
“The successful completion of the first stage is a significant milestone in the implementation of the ‘green square’ concept – the commitment of Rosatom to development of low-carbon energy projects. Our new wind farm uses a number of innovative technologies. The technologies, for which Russia becomes a premier stage for large-scale operation. It is important to notice, that the construction of the Adygea Wind Power Plant allowed Rosatom to acquire the whole range of completely new competencies in wind energy, allowing us to lay groundwork for further development of this new promising segment of low-carbon energy. There is a lot of work ahead to obtain permits for permanent operation and bring the project to the wholesale electricity market. The second and third phases are planned for January 2020,” said Alexander Korchagin, Director General of NovaWind, the wind energy division of Rosatom.
NovaWind JSC is a Rosatom division for implementation of the wind power projects.
(Source and image: Rosatom)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020