ROSNEFT COMPLETES DRILLING OF MARIA-1 IN THE BLACK SEA
Rosneft has completed the drilling of the first super deep exploration and appraisal well Maria-1 on the Zapadno-Chernomorskaya license area offshore the Black Sea. The water depth at the drilling site reaches 2109 meters. The actual well depth is 5265 meters. Drilling this well discovered a unique carbonate structure with 300 meters gross interval. This structure constitutes a fractured reservoir that is highly likely to contain hydrocarbons. These results instill confidence in the possibility to discover large oil and gas fields in the Russian Black Sea waters. The Company plans to conduct a thorough geological processing of the materials and to continue exploration and appraisal works on the license areas.
Rosneft carries out this project on drilling the first exploration well on the Zapadno-Chernomorskaya license area together with Eni, Rosneft’s strategic partner. Drilling preparation included 4000 running kilometers of 2D seismic survey and over 3000 square kilometers of 3D seismic survey as well as comprehensive engineering and geological studies.
Maria-1 was drilled by the Scarabeo-9 ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig operated by Saipem. (Source: Rosneft – Image: Scarabeo 9/Romania Insider)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024