ROWAN RELENTLESS AWARDED NEW CONTRACT
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Relentless, one of its R-Class drillships, has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil to drill a prospect in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract is expected to commence in September 2018 and last for 80 days, followed by four one-well, priced options.
Rowan Relentless is a Gusto MSC P10000 ultra-deepwater drillship built by Hyundai at Ulsan shipyard in South Korea in 2015. The UDW drillship is currently ready stacked in the Gulf of Mexico.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 27 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 23 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company’s fleet operates worldwide, including the United States Gulf of Mexico, the United Kingdom and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East, and Trinidad. Additionally, the Company is a 50/50 partner in a joint venture with Saudi Aramco, entitled ARO Drilling that owns a fleet of five self-elevating jack-up rigs that operate in the Arabian Gulf. (Source: Rowan Companies – Image: Rowan Relentless/Baltic Shipping)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018