ROWAN RELENTLESS AWARDED NEW CONTRACT
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Relentless, one of its R-Class drillships, has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil to drill a prospect in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract is expected to commence in September 2018 and last for 80 days, followed by four one-well, priced options.
Rowan Relentless is a Gusto MSC P10000 ultra-deepwater drillship built by Hyundai at Ulsan shipyard in South Korea in 2015. The UDW drillship is currently ready stacked in the Gulf of Mexico.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 27 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 23 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company’s fleet operates worldwide, including the United States Gulf of Mexico, the United Kingdom and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East, and Trinidad. Additionally, the Company is a 50/50 partner in a joint venture with Saudi Aramco, entitled ARO Drilling that owns a fleet of five self-elevating jack-up rigs that operate in the Arabian Gulf. (Source: Rowan Companies – Image: Rowan Relentless/Baltic Shipping)
- DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF 22nd August 2018
- PACIFIC DRILLING DRILLSHIPS BACK TO WORK AT LOW DAYRATES 20th August 2018
- MAERSK DRILLING TO BECOME A STAND ALONE COMPANY 17th August 2018
- ICHTHYS LNG PROJECT COMMENCES PRODUCTION 31st July 2018
- KAOMBO, LARGEST DEEP OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENT IN ANGOLA ON STREAM 30th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018