ROWAN RELENTLESS AWARDED NEW CONTRACT
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Relentless, one of its R-Class drillships, has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil to drill a prospect in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract is expected to commence in September 2018 and last for 80 days, followed by four one-well, priced options.
Rowan Relentless is a Gusto MSC P10000 ultra-deepwater drillship built by Hyundai at Ulsan shipyard in South Korea in 2015. The UDW drillship is currently ready stacked in the Gulf of Mexico.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 27 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 23 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company’s fleet operates worldwide, including the United States Gulf of Mexico, the United Kingdom and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East, and Trinidad. Additionally, the Company is a 50/50 partner in a joint venture with Saudi Aramco, entitled ARO Drilling that owns a fleet of five self-elevating jack-up rigs that operate in the Arabian Gulf. (Source: Rowan Companies – Image: Rowan Relentless/Baltic Shipping)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018