ROWAN SECURES CONTRACT WITH CONOCO PHILLIPS FOR THE JACKUP ROWAN NORWAY
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Norway, an N-Class ultra-harsh environment jack-up rig, has been awarded a contract in Norway by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) for an estimated duration of seven months that is expected to commence in the second quarter of 2019. The contract award is subject to partner approval. Following the initial contract term, COPSAS has two options. The first option has an estimated duration of five months and the second an estimated duration of nine months. The Rowan Norway is currently under contract with Turkish Petroleum in the Mediterranean Sea until approximately late April 2019.
Rowan Norway is Keppel FELS N Class jackup capable to drill in 400 ft of water. The jackup was delivered in 2011.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 25 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 21 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. (Source and image: Rowan Companies/Rowan Norway outside Dundee)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018