ROWAN SECURES CONTRACT WITH CONOCO PHILLIPS FOR THE JACKUP ROWAN NORWAY
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Norway, an N-Class ultra-harsh environment jack-up rig, has been awarded a contract in Norway by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) for an estimated duration of seven months that is expected to commence in the second quarter of 2019. The contract award is subject to partner approval. Following the initial contract term, COPSAS has two options. The first option has an estimated duration of five months and the second an estimated duration of nine months. The Rowan Norway is currently under contract with Turkish Petroleum in the Mediterranean Sea until approximately late April 2019.
Rowan Norway is Keppel FELS N Class jackup capable to drill in 400 ft of water. The jackup was delivered in 2011.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 25 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 21 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. (Source and image: Rowan Companies/Rowan Norway outside Dundee)
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019