ROWAN SECURES CONTRACT WITH CONOCO PHILLIPS FOR THE JACKUP ROWAN NORWAY
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Norway, an N-Class ultra-harsh environment jack-up rig, has been awarded a contract in Norway by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) for an estimated duration of seven months that is expected to commence in the second quarter of 2019. The contract award is subject to partner approval. Following the initial contract term, COPSAS has two options. The first option has an estimated duration of five months and the second an estimated duration of nine months. The Rowan Norway is currently under contract with Turkish Petroleum in the Mediterranean Sea until approximately late April 2019.
Rowan Norway is Keppel FELS N Class jackup capable to drill in 400 ft of water. The jackup was delivered in 2011.
Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 25 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 21 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. (Source and image: Rowan Companies/Rowan Norway outside Dundee)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023