SAFE SCANDINAVIA AWARDED AKER BP CONTRACT
Prosafe has signed a contract with Aker BP ASA for the Safe Scandinavia to provide accommodation support at the Ula platform in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The firm duration of the contract commencing mid-August 2018 is seven months with eight one-month options.
Total value of the contract excluding the option periods is approximately USD 25.5 million. The option periods, if exercised, have a total value of approximately USD 36.7 million.
The contract will ensure employment of the Safe Scandinavia soon after expiry of her previous contract that concluded end-June 2018.
Jesper Kragh Andresen, CEO of Prosafe says: “Prosafe is very pleased with this contract, as it provides employment for the Safe Scandinavia for up to 15 months. We are also proud to again be chosen by Aker BP, this time to deliver first class safe and efficient accommodation services at the Ula platform.”
Prosafe is a leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. The company is headquartered in Larnaca, Cyprus and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS.
Safe Scandinavia is a Aker H-3.2E semi-submersible built in 1984 and converted to a tender support vessel in 2015. The vessel can offer bed space, offices, power, utilities, high and low pressure mud, mud mixing and storage, coiled tubing, wireline, cement and hydrocarbon treatment services. (Source: Prosafe/Safe Scandinavia in Oseberg field, Norway)
- WOOD WINS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR UPPER ZAKUM OILFIELD 14th November 2018
- MAGSEIS TO ACQUIRE FAIRFIELD GEOTECHNOLOGIES SEISMIC BUSINESS 02nd November 2018
- SKRUIS: IMPORTANT OIL DISCOVERY IN THE BARENTS SEA 30th October 2018
- TARA PACIFIC 2016-2018 EXPEDITION SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 27th October 2018
- US INTERIOR GREEN LIGHTS LIBERTY PROJECT OFFSHORE ALASKA 26th October 2018