SAFE SCANDINAVIA AWARDED AKER BP CONTRACT
Prosafe has signed a contract with Aker BP ASA for the Safe Scandinavia to provide accommodation support at the Ula platform in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The firm duration of the contract commencing mid-August 2018 is seven months with eight one-month options.
Total value of the contract excluding the option periods is approximately USD 25.5 million. The option periods, if exercised, have a total value of approximately USD 36.7 million.
The contract will ensure employment of the Safe Scandinavia soon after expiry of her previous contract that concluded end-June 2018.
Jesper Kragh Andresen, CEO of Prosafe says: “Prosafe is very pleased with this contract, as it provides employment for the Safe Scandinavia for up to 15 months. We are also proud to again be chosen by Aker BP, this time to deliver first class safe and efficient accommodation services at the Ula platform.”
Prosafe is a leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. The company is headquartered in Larnaca, Cyprus and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS.
Safe Scandinavia is a Aker H-3.2E semi-submersible built in 1984 and converted to a tender support vessel in 2015. The vessel can offer bed space, offices, power, utilities, high and low pressure mud, mud mixing and storage, coiled tubing, wireline, cement and hydrocarbon treatment services. (Source: Prosafe/Safe Scandinavia in Oseberg field, Norway)
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019