SALT SHIP TO DESIGN FPSO HULL FOR EQUINOR’S BAY DU NORD PROJECT
Salt Ship Design AS designs harsh environment FPSO hull for the Bay du Nord project for Equinor and licence partner BP.
Salt has been working closely with Equinor over quite some time to develop an FPSO with enhanced motion characteristics and purpose made for operation in the exposed weather conditions in the Flemish Pass basin.
In February 2022 Equinor and Salt entered a pre-FEED contract to mature and further develop the hull design in cooperation with Equinor, Topside and Turret contractors, Class, Flag and Authorities. This work will carry on until start of FEED.
The development of FPSO designs and concept studies are an important part of Salt’s business, and the being a part of the Bay du Nord FPSO development represents an important breakthrough in an interesting new segment.
Salt Ship Design AS is an independent ship design company located in Leirvik at Stord island, Norway.
“It has been a great experience over the last 8 years to be working with Equinor being a major international energy company with a vast experience in developing, building, and operating FPSOs. Salt’s contribution has been our expertise in design and shipbuilding of complex vessels for demanding operations at sea. The result is a ship shaped FPSO concept with unique design solutions.” said Egil Sandvik, CEO Salt Ship Design.
(Source and image: Salt Ship Design)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023