SANTOS REPORTS RECORD PRODUCTION AND SALES REVENUE
Santos, based in Adelaide and Australia’s second-largest independent oil and gas producer advised that its first half production of 37 mmboe was a record, 32% above the corresponding period. Sales volumes of 45.2 mmboe were up 19% and sales revenues up 18% to $2 billion in the first half.
Major growth projects advanced:
• Dorado-2 appraisal success confirmed a larger than anticipated major oil and gas resource in the Bedout Basin, offshore Western Australia, significantly de-risking a future development. Santos now expects to book a significant resource upgrade above its currently booked 2C resource for Dorado.
• PNG LNG expansion advanced by the signing of a binding letter of intent to acquire a 14.3% interest (pre-government back-in) in PRL 3 which contains the P’nyang natural gas field.
• The Barossa project entered exclusive negotiations with the Darwin LNG Joint Venture for the supply of backfill gas to Darwin LNG and also awarded the subsea production system contract ahead of a planned FID by early 2020.
Higher quarterly and year-to-date production in both the Cooper Basin and GLNG.
• A record 102 wells were drilled in GLNG during the quarter (100% success rate) and 25 wells drilled in the Cooper Basin (80% success rate) including fastest ever Cooper total well execution of 4.3 days.
• Strong free cash flow
• Santos generated $300 million in free cash flow in the second quarter, bringing total free cash flow for the first half to over $600 million.
• Strong free cash flows reduced net debt by $0.3 billion in the second quarter to $3.1 billion (excluding the impact of the new AASB 16 Leases standard).
Santos Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Gallagher said the first half of 2019 had delivered record production volumes and sales revenues, along with strong free cash flow of over $600 million.
“Our disciplined operating model and approach to capital allocation has delivered a strong first half result and the successful integration of our Western Australian business has exceeded expectations.”
“Santos has now delivered positive free cash flow for thirteen consecutive quarters.”
(Source and image: Santos)
- OFFSHORE PROJECT SANCTIONING IN 2019 SURPASSED THE $50 BILLION MARK 19th July 2019
- SO LONG ROWAN, SO LONG ENSCO – WELCOME TO VALARIS 04th July 2019
- LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK 01st July 2019
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019