SAPURA OMV SELLS PRODUCING ASSETS IN MALAYSIA TO SINGAPORE’S JADSTONE ENERGY
SapuraOMV Upstream (Malaysia) Inc, has agreed to sell its entire interests under SapuraOMV Upstream (PM) Inc in various producing assets located offshore Peninsular Malaysia to Singapore-based Jadestone Energy PLC for US$9 million (US$1=RM4.09).
In a statement today, SapuraOMV said the effective date of the transaction was Jan 1, 2021 involving producing assets comprising of PM323, PM329, PM318, and AAKBNLP Production Sharing Contracts (PM assets).
Apart from the US$9 million agreed purchase price, there were also contingent payments of up to US$6 million dependent on certain oil price criteria being met, it added.
SapuraOMV Upstream, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, is a strategic partnership between Sapura Energy Bhd and OMV Exploration & Production GmbH, a subsidiary of Austria’s OMV Aktiengesellschaft.
SapuraOMV chairman Tan Sri Shahril Shamsuddin said the company placed the assets in the good and capable hands of Jadestone, which specialises in optimising mature oil fields.
SapuraOMV, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, is a strategic partnership between Sapura Energy Berhad and OMV Exploration & Production GmbH, a subsidiary of Austria’s OMV Aktiengesellschaft. SapuraOMV Upstream has a strong portfolio of oil and gas assets in Malaysia as well as exploration interests in Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.
(Source: The Star)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023