SBM OFFSHORE TO BUILD AND OPERATE FPSO ALEXANDRE DE GUSMAO IN BRAZIL
SBM Offshore is pleased to announce that it has signed with Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) the Letter of Intent for a 22.5 years lease and operate contracts of FPSO Alexandre de Gusmão. The unit will be deployed at the Mero field in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil, approximately 160 kilometers from Arraial do Cabo, Rio de Janeiro state, in Brazil.
The Libra block, where the Mero field is located, is under a Production Sharing Agreement to a Consortium comprised of Petrobras with 40 percent, Shell Brasil with 20 percent, Total Energies with 20 percent, CNODC and CNOOC with 10 percent each and the state-owned company Pré-Sal Petróleo SA as manager of the Production Sharing Contract.
SBM Offshore will design and construct the FPSO Alexandre de Gusmão using its industry leading Fast4Ward® program as it incorporates the Company’s new build Multi-Purpose Floater (MPF) hull combined with several standardized topsides modules. SBM Offshore’s fifth MPF hull has been allocated to this project. Completion of the FPSO is expected in 2024.
The FPSO will be designed to produce 180,000 barrels of oil per day and treat 12 million standard cubic meters of gas per day. Furthermore, the unit will have a water injection capacity of 250,000 barrels per day and a minimum storage capacity of 1.4 million barrels of crude oil. The unit will be spread moored in approximately 1,900 meters water depth.
Bruno Chabas, CEO of SBM Offshore, commented:
“The signing of this Letter of Intent is the second major project award this year by our key client Petrobras. Our industry leading Fast4Ward® program continues to address clients’ needs to develop large-scale and complex FPSOs providing cost efficient and low GHG intensity solutions.”
SBM Offshore is a listed holding company headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies.
(Source: SBM Offshore)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023