SBM OFFSHORE TO BUILD EXXONMOBIL’S LIZA UNITY FPSO
SBM Offshore announced that Esso Exploration and Production Guyana, an affiliate of Exxon Mobil Corporation, has confirmed the award of a contract for the construction of the Liza Unity FPSO. This is part of the next phase of the Liza project in Guyana. SBM Offshore will construct, install and thereafter lease and operate the FPSO for up to two years. This follows completion of front-end engineering studies, receipt of requisite government approvals and the final investment decision on the project by ExxonMobil and block co-venturers.
The Liza Unity FPSO design is based on SBM Offshore’s industry leading Fast4WardTM program as it incorporates the Company’s new build, multi-purpose hull combined with several standardized topsides modules. The FPSO will be designed to produce 220,000 barrels of oil per day, will have associated gas treatment capacity of 400 million cubic feet per day and water injection capacity of 250,000 barrels per day. The FPSO will be spread moored in water depth of about 1,600 meters and will be able to store around 2 million barrels of crude oil.
The Liza field is located in the Stabroek block circa 200 kilometers offshore Guyana. EEPGL is the operator and holds a 45 percent interest in the Stabroek block. Hess Guyana Exploration Ltd. holds a 30 percent interest, and CNOOC Petroleum Guyana Limited holds a 25 percent interest.
SBM Offshore CEO Bruno Chabas commented:
“We are proud that ExxonMobil awarded SBM Offshore the contracts for the Liza Unity FPSO. The Company is confident that this project will demonstrate the value that our Fast4WardTMprogram brings to our clients. We look forward to continuing the cooperation with our client ExxonMobil on this second important project in Guyana.”
Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle.
(Source: SBM Offshore)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020