SCHLUMBERGER AND TGS TO PERFORM NODAL SEISMIC PROJECT IN US GOM
TGS and Schlumberger announced a new multiclient nodal seismic project in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The project, named Amendment, will comprise acquisition of a 2,350-km2multiclient seismic survey in the Mississippi Canyon and Atwater Valley protraction areas of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. This prolific area includes open acreage, existing producing assets and new discoveries. Seismic data will be acquired using Fairfield Geotechnologies 4C nodal acquisition technology with operations expected to commence in Q4 2018. TGS and Schlumberger will apply their full azimuth processing expertise and expect to deliver final data to customers in Q1 2020.
“The Amendment project will enhance our current data coverage in the Central U.S. Gulf of Mexico. E&P companies are showing increased interest in the benefits of nodal seismic data to overcome imaging challenges in this region. In the Amendment project, TGS and Schlumberger will reimage underlying WAZ seismic data to provide modern, high-quality nodal seismic data to our clients,” commented Kristian Johansen, CEO of TGS.
Maurice Nessim, president, WesternGeco, Schlumberger, added, “Schlumberger and TGS have built up extensive geophysical and geological knowledge in this prolific part of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. In line with the WesternGeco asset-light strategy, the application of nodal seismic technology and state-of-the-art imaging techniques will help to accelerate hydrocarbon discovery, development and production for our clients. This unique dataset will provide a step change in illuminating complex subsurface structures and help E&P companies to maximize the value of their producing assets and rejuvenate their exploration portfolios. This highly integrated project will combine well log data, high-quality orthogonal WAZ and new nodal measurements to provide foundations for the first industry-funded regional nodal survey in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.” (Source: Schlumberger)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018