SEABED GEOSOLUTIONS SECURES BOTTOM NODE CONTRACT OFFSHORE TRINIDAD
Seabed Geosolutions, a joint venture between CGG and Fugro, has been awarded a 3D ocean bottom node (OBN) seismic acquisition project over the greater Angostura field in shallow waters, offshore Trinidad for BHP, and a 4D OBN project for Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company. The combined awards are valued at around $60 million.
The 225 km2 Trinidad project will start in the first quarter of 2018 and will use Seabed Geosolutions’ latest node handling solutions deployed by ROV. These subsea systems were developed together with Fugro. BHP’s plans for development in the area require a step-change in seismic quality, which can only be provided by OBN data. Stephan Midenet, CEO of Seabed Geosolutions: “We are delighted to partner with BHP for their first ever OBN survey over an existing field offshore Trinidad. We are confident that our technology, coupled with our operational track record, will provide BHP with the data quality they need to meet their development goals.”
The 4D OBN monitor project in the Bonga Field offshore Nigeria will use Seabed Geosolutions’ Hugin Explorer vessel equipped with CASE Abyss nodes and will commence in the first quarter of 2018.
Seabed Geosolutions is a joint venture between Fugro and CGG. It collects geophysical data on the seabed through an array of imaging technologies for oil and gas companies, focused on the development and production phases of oil and gas fields. (Source: Seabed Geosolutions)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023