SEABED GEOSOLUTIONS TRANSFORMS INTO A PURE OCEAN BOTTOM NODE COMPANY
Seabed Geosolutions announces that it has signed a contract to sell the entirety of its shallow water ocean bottom cable (OBC) recording equipment for around US$ 10 million. This equipment was used on a recently completed project for Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in the United Arab Emirates.
Stephan Midenet, CEO of Seabed Geosolutions: ’The sale of our last cable-based system completes the transformation of Seabed Geosolutions into a pure ocean bottom node (OBN) company. We are now largely focused around our Manta suite of technologies, comprised of both a proprietary node and deployment systems, and which has been designed to deliver leading efficiencies in all water depths.’
Seabed Geosolutions will continue to leverage its unrivalled shallow water expertise through innovative technology approaches and cost-effective business models, with a strong focus on the Middle East.
Seabed Geosolutions utilizes the most versatile and efficient ocean bottom node (OBN) technology in water depths to 3000 meters including our field-proven, next generation technology, Manta®. We continue to invest in R&D to ensure the best, most efficient technologies are available to our global client base.
Manta, a single four-component (4-C) ocean bottom node technology, was designed to work safely in all marine environments. This modular system delivers superior geophysical illumination with flexibility for dense inline surveys from transition zones to intermediate depths, and sparse geometry surveys in deeper waters.
The company is based in Leidschendam, The Netherlands.
(Source: Seabed Geosolutions)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023