SEADRILL PARTNERS WEST VELA AWARDED CONTRACT EXTENSION IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Seadrill Partners LLC has secured additional work for the West Vela in the US Gulf of Mexico with BP. The contract value for the firm portion is expected to be $23.8 million and the contract is expected to run until early of April 2021.
West Vela is a 6th generation ultra-deepwater drillship. The Samsung 12000 double hull vessel was built at Samsung’s Geoje Shipyard in South Korea and delivered in 2013.
Formed by Seadrill, Seadrill Partners based in London, is one of the world’s largest international offshore drilling contractors.
Seadrill Partners operates a fleet of 11 offshore drilling units consisting of 4 utra-deepwater drillships, 4 semi-submersibles and 3 tender-assister rigs.
(Source: Seadrill Partners)
- SCHLUMBERGER NORTH AMERICA REVENUE DOWN 59% YEAR-ON-YEAR 19th October 2020
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020