SEADRILL SECURES NINE-WELL CONTRACT IN WEST AFRICA FOR WEST GEMINI
Seadrill Limited has secured a nine well contract with three options, each for two wells, for the West Gemini in West Africa. Total contract value for the firm portion of the contract is expected to be approximately $84 million with commencement expected in early Q4 2019 and running through Q4 2020.
West Gemini, was working for Eni on a contract that ended in June 2019. According to Marcel Wieggers, managing director of Sonadrill, a joint venture between offshore Seadrill and Angola’s state-owned Sonangol, the West Gemini, currently ready stacked in Angola is expected to go to Las Palmas to get all its equipment recertified and complete some upgrades. It will come back to Angola in October, and starts its new long-term Sonadrill contract.
The West Gemini is a 6th generation ultra-deepwater drillship with operational history offshore Africa. West Gemini was built by Samsung in South Korea in 2010.
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020