SEADRILL OFFLOADS 3 JACKUP RIGS TO SHELF DRILLING
Seadrill announced that it has reached an agreement with Shelf Drilling to sell the West Triton, West Resolute and West Mischief for a total consideration of $225 million subject to customary closing conditions. The West Triton and West Resolute are scheduled to be delivered to Shelf Drilling by the end of May 2017 and the West Mischief during 3Q 2017 after completion of its current drilling contract with NDC in Abu Dhabi.
The total debt outstanding on these three units is $102 million providing excess sale proceeds of $123 million.
The carrying value of the three units totals $415 million. A loss on disposal of $190 million is expected to be realized for the first quarter of 2017.
West Triton is a Baker Marine Pacific 375 jackup built at PPL Shipyard in Singapore in 2007 – West Resolute and West Mischief , are Le Tourneau Super 116 C jackups built at AmFELS shipyard in Brownsville in 2008 and Lamprell in Sharjah in 2010 respectively. (Source: Seadrill)
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019
- ARRIVAL OF LIZA DESTINY OFFSHORE GUYANA 30th August 2019
- BP SAYS GOODBYE TO ALASKA – SALE OF BUSINESS TO HILCORP FOR $ 5.6 BILLION 28th August 2019