SEADRILL TAKES CONTROL OF ASIA OFFSHORE DRILLING
The Norwegian offshore driller based in Hamilton, Bermuda, announced its acquisition of the minority holding of 33.76% of the share capital of Asia Offshore Drilling Limited (AOD) from the Thailand based group Mermaid Maritime. Following completion, Seadrill will, through its subsidiary Seadrill Rig Holding Company Limited, hold 100% of the shares in AOD.
John Fredriksen-backed drilling company will now own 100% of three jackup drilling rigs, AOD I, AOD II and AOD III.
Asia Offshore Drilling was established by Mermaid Maritime in late 2010 with the order two 400 ft B Class drilling jackups where ordered at Keppel FELS in Singapore.
Asia Offshore Drilling received the company’s third and final jackup rig the AOD III from Keppel FELS shipyard in Singapore where the unit was constructed. The AOD III unit was the final rig of a three unit premium jackup order placed by AOD with Keppel.
AOD had in addition option agreements for construction of two similar units.
Seadrill will be responsible for construction, supervision, project management, and commercial management of Asia Offshore’s jackup drilling rigs.
(Source: Seadrill/Mermaid Group/Infield)
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020