SEMBCORP MARINE AWARDED FRONT-END ENGINEERING CONTRACT FOR DORADO FPSO
Sembcorp Marine Ltd, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters Pte Ltd, has secured an exclusive contract from Altera Infrastructure GP LLC, to undertake the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) work for the Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility for the Dorado project.
Located in the Bedout Sub-basin, offshore Western Australia, Dorado is an integrated oil and gas project which is expected to have an initial oil production of 75,000 to 100,000 barrels per day, with subsequent development of significant gas resources. Operated by Australian energy company, Santos Ltd, Dorado will be one of the lowest emission intensity oil and gas projects in the region, given its very low CO? reservoir with approximately 1.5 per cent CO? and plans for the reinjection of gas in the initial phase.
Sembcorp Marine Head of Rigs & Floaters Mr William Gu said, “We are excited to work with Altera Infrastructure and Santos to develop Dorado. The award of the FEED contract affirms Sembcorp Marine’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) capabilities, and reinforces our credentials as a leading engineering solutions provider for the offshore, marine and energy industries.”
The FEED work is expected to be completed by the second quarter of 2022. This is the Group’s third EPC project in collaboration with Altera Infrastructure, following the successful delivery of FPSO Pioneiro de Libra and FPSO Petrojarl Cidade de Itajai in 2017 and 2012 respectively.
(Source: Semcorp Marine)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023