SENEX STARTS PHASE 2 DRILLING ON WESTERN SURAT GAS PROJECT
Senex Energy has commenced its Phase 2 drilling campaign in the Surat Basin on its flagship Western Surat Gas Project.
The campaign involves the drilling of 30 wells on the Glenora and Eos blocks, located in the south-east of the Western Surat Gas Project, and directly north of GLNG’s producing Roma field. Drilling will be undertaken over the remainder of the calendar year with the first wells expected online in Q1 FY18.
Senex Managing Director and CEO Ian Davies said the company was focused on executing the work program on schedule and on budget.
“We are delighted to have kicked off our first material work program on the Western Surat Gas Project and are working hard alongside our suppliers to set Phase 2 up for success. Senex will take the opportunity to fully embed its design, contracting and execution methodology on the Phase 2 work program ahead of its transition to full field development.
“In addition, we believe that demonstrating best in class safety, efficiency and cost performance will be a valuable lever to expanding our equity position in the region,” Mr Davies said.
Senex holds 100% interest in and operatorship of the Western Surat Gas Project, involving the delivery of coal seam gas from approximately 915 square kilometres of acreage in Queensland’s Surat Basin. (Source: Senex)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020