SERCEL TO PARTNER WITH FOTECH SOLUTIONS
Sercel announced today that it has entered into a partnership with UK-headquartered Fotech Solutions to jointly develop future borehole seismic and distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) monitoring technology. Within the partnership, Fotech Solutions will contribute DAS measurement solutions and Sercel will contribute downhole seismic tools & software for subsurface seismic operations. This combination of expertise will lead to revolutionary new technology developments for both the borehole seismic exploration and microseismic monitoring markets.
Sercel is the market leader in seismic acquisition equipment. The company’s full range of downhole seismic tools provide the best-performing hardware and sensor sensitivity in the well survey sector and enable the delivery of incomparably high data quality. In addition, Sercel offers a variety of complementary tools for source management, as well as real-time and remote data quality control.
Fotech Solutions is a renowned supplier of DAS solutions for the oil & gas, pipeline and security markets. Its fiber optic monitoring technology allows high-sensitivity true-phase measurement over the length of the optical fiber, thereby providing full well coverage. Fotech’s DAS technology also enables 4D borehole seismic surveys to be conducted during production, or in limiting circumstances such as when a conventional system cannot be economically deployed.
The use of DAS technology combined with Sercel’s downhole seismic tools will enable the borehole seismic industry to significantly reduce operational costs, acquire more data more easily and overcome current temperature limits. (Source: Sercel)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 3.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020