SECOND SHAH DENIZ STAGE 2 PLATFORM JACKET SAIL AWAY
The Shah Deniz consortium is pleased to announce the sail away of the second jacket for the Shah Deniz Stage 2 platforms. The Quarters and Utilities (QU) platform jacket sailed away to the Shah Deniz contract area in the Caspian Sea from the Heydar Aliyev Baku Deepwater Jackets Factory ahead of schedule on 15 March.
The transportation, launch, positioning, pile installation and final completion activities of the jacket structure are expected to take around 75 days, depending on the prevailing weather conditions. The construction of the jacket was completed ahead of schedule on 20 February 2017 and was then successfully loaded onto the transportation barge STB-1. The QU platform jacket, built by the BOS Shelf, Star Gulf and Saipem consortium, was fully constructed in country using local construction infrastructure and facilities. 2000 people including sub-contractors and specialist vendors were involved in the construction works. The QU platform jacket weighs approximately 12,084 tonnes and stands 105 metres high. It contains 31 J Tubes, 7 utility caissons and 3 J tube caissons. The jacket will be installed in a water depth of 95 metres. (Source and image: BP)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017