SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES SECURES SEISMIC SURVEY CONTRACT OFFSHORE SURINAME
Shearwater GeoServices Holding AS announced the award of a large towed streamer 3D seismic survey for Block 52, offshore Suriname by Petronas Suriname E&P B.V. (PSEPBV), a subsidiary of Petronas. Petronas is an integrated global energy company and the Americas is one of the regions the company is focusing on.
The four-month project is scheduled to commence in Q4, 2020.
“This new survey in Suriname comes at an exciting time for this area,” said Irene Waage Basili, the Chief Executive Officer of Shearwater. “We look forward to working together with PSEPBV, an affiliate of Petronas in Suriname, for this project.”
The 3D seismic survey covers surface area of 6,200 sq. km in Suriname’s Block 52 and will be carried out by the Geo Caribbean vessel. PSEPBV is the operator of Block 52 with 50% participating interest together with partner, ExxonMobil holding the remaining 50%.
(Source: Shearwater GeoServices)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024